Fundraising Edition - The River of MigrationAKS0048-2
- Photographic print from Anne Katrine Senstad's documentary of The River of Migration, a large outdoor light installation in 2009.
- Open edition, made-to-order
- 80% of proceeds will be donated to the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- IRC is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster. The IRC is currently working in about 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities where it resettles refugees and helps them become self-sufficient. It focuses mainly on health, education, economic wellbeing, power, and safety.
- Two sizes available - 11 x 17 IN. (27.9 × 43.2 CM) for $75 and 11 x 14 IN. (27.9 x 35.5 CM) for $50
- FREE SHIPPING IN THE US
- The print is sold unframed. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in buying the print framed
- The first incarnation of Anne Katrine Senstad's memorial piece, The River of Migration, existed as a large outdoor light and land installation at Life is Art Foundation in 2010. The piece consisted of 72 solar-powered lights placed along a mountainside in Santa Rosa, CA. They formed a symbolic “human river” on what was historically Mexican land. Each of the 72 lights refers to a specific case where a person was brutally massacred by cartels after refusing to be used as a drug trafficker. Using light to create a memorial, Senstad illuminated the urgent migration issue with her symbolic river of light. The project honored the 72 nameless souls who died during the migration process and simultaneously spoke for all victims of migratory violence. The solar panel lights were lit from dusk till dawn, when most people cross borders illegally, and illustrated the very nature of the migratory action. The lights created a geographical mapping of the California landscape and served as a gestural, lyrical, and critical comment on migration policies, border wall politics, and the intensifying climate and political refugee crisis.
We Also Recommend
Si Jie Loo - Mother & Daughter - 2019 Risograph Art Print (Signed & Numbered)
Regular price $3900 $39.00